Love me for me, not who you want me
’- Don’t you think she’s ugly?
- Or fat?
- Or an embarrasment, or worthless?
- No, just stop it. No, right. No.
- What do you want to say to that little girl? If she said that she felt that way about herself, what would you tell her?
- That’s she’s fine, that she’s perfect.
- Then that’s what you need to tell yourself. Every time you feel that panic, that anxiety. You need to soothe yourself as you would soothe the little girl. You need to tell yourself that everything is going to be okay. If you commit to that, then I promise you that you’ll be able to face anything, and it starts right now. Everything starts right now.’
Trees Burst Through Gallery Walls and Ceilings
Brazilian artist Henrique Oliveira’s powerful recycled wood art installations snake through their exhibition spaces like massive living trees that burst out of walls and through ceilings. Oliveira scours the streets of Sao Paulo to gather plywood, which he then separates into layers and combines to create his massive “tridimensionals” sculptures. The stunning mixed media pieces are a combination of sculpture, painting and architecture.
I’m only sharing tweets for those who are not on twitter and can’t see how passionate and outraged journalists are as they tweet from #Ferguson.
If you are on Twitter, here’s a good roster of people to follow if you want to keep updated.